Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Lizzy

Meet Lizzy!


I am super excited to introduce you to Lizzy. Lizzy (named aptly because she is the queen of my dressform collection...get it? Lizzy short for Elizabeth...the queen) Anywho...i just found Lizzy waiting for her forever home and knew immediately she had to come home with me.


When I first saw Lizzy I thought she must have been stripped down and recovered or completely re-done at some point but when I got her home I noticed there were a bunch of pins holding her cover on at the bottom. I slowly and cautiously removed the pins and found the original cover. 

Isn't she AWESOME? I haven't removed the top half because the cover is actually hand sewn down the side at the waist where it comes in. I might do some decorating to her second cover but I haven't decided. Right now I am just enjoying having her here to look at the way she is. I just have to clean up her base a bit and add some sort of pin in the stand so she can be adjusted to different heights. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Magic Art of the Day

Words to live by...

vintage funny Pictures, Images and Photos