Saturday, August 15, 2009

Summer Day Sampler




This is the last of the quilts that I entered into our guilds quilt show in June.
*
This quilt is called "Summer Day Sampler" and is designed by Lydia Quigley of The Rabbit Factory. Lydia has a great new blog you can check out here.
*
I absolutely loved making this quilt. This quilt pattern was being sold as a BOM with all the fabric at a store in the states called Calico Alley but I picked it up from them on sale at the quilt show in Pennsylvania last year as an entire kit. I think the store may now be closed because their web address is no longer.
*
Once I started making the quilt, it was impossible to do it as BOM and completed the top in only 10 days. I really loved making each and every block and LOVE the finished quilt. I have many other patterns of this style and would love to get going on another one.
*
What a great quilt to use as a throw during the summer (or winter when you are feeling those winter blues and need a picker-up).

9 comments:

  1. Your Summer Day Sampler looks so amazing...love the quilting on this one as well! I'm impress with your persiverence on getting this quilt done so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great quilt , I love the sun
    adorable
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Tammy!

    I just love samplers and this is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beauty!! 10 days to make? Wow! You are incredible!! Well done!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an absolutely gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous quilt,Tammy! Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt, Tammy. I just discovered your blog, thanks to Lorraine's post on the Rabbit Factory,and have enjoyed reading your posts. Lydia"s designs are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Magic Art of the Day

Words to live by...

vintage funny Pictures, Images and Photos