Saturday, August 15, 2009

Winter Wonderland


This is one of my favourite quilts (but then every quilt I do is a favourite or I wouldn't put the time into making it!). It was so fun embroidering all the snowmen and I just love the little expressions on all their faces as well as all the small details in each of the blocks. I think the "scrappy" reds set this quilt off just right. I purchased the pattern and fabric as a kit on-line from Shabby Fabrics.
*
This quilt is called Winter Wonderland and it is a pattern designed by Crabapple Hill. All the embroidery is done by hand and the piecing is done by machine. This quilt is machine quilted by me.
*
This quilt won 'Viewers Choice Best Christmas Decor' at our quilt show in June. You can click on the photo to see a close-up image of the details and quilting.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! You did a beautiful job! I love the snowflakes you quilted in the solid spacer blocks in the border. Beautiful, beautiful!! Love the look of your blog too! xox Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meg for your wonderful compliments and such a wonderful pattern to work with! I can't wait to start the other patterns I have from you.

    ReplyDelete

Magic Art of the Day

Words to live by...

vintage funny Pictures, Images and Photos