Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Quilt done by Rita Borger


This quilt was done by my friend Rita Borger. Rita designed, hand appliqued, hand embroidered and machine pieced this quilt. The machine quilting was done by me. Rita won her rosette for this quilt in the 'Viewers Choice Large Wall Hanging- Innovative' category.
*
This quilt was done beautifully and I can't even imagine how long it took to do all that embroidery. Rita is a painter and it truly shows in this original quilt by her. I wish I had half the talent she does in her design! Way to go Rita!

I'm hoping that with the top picture you will be able to see all the work Rita did with her embroidery and hand applique.
*
The picture directly above is Rita with her rosette and the photo on the right is a candid shot I got of Rita in Pennsylvania last year on a quilting trip. (I didn't think you could see her very good in the other photo so I included this one).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Magic Art of the Day

Words to live by...

vintage funny Pictures, Images and Photos