Saturday, February 3, 2018


Tuffet Completed



Tuffets have been quite a 'rage'. Just check out google images to see all the different tuffet pics. I purchased the 'tuffet makings' almost 2 years ago and have finally finished my first tuffet. Thanks to the organization of a few women from my guild who decided we would have a tuffet making day, I finally got the motivation to get my sewing done. 


I decided I wanted my mine to match my wing chair in my quilt studio. I have been collecting the fabric for quite some time for my chair. I wanted my chair to be kind of crazy patched with quilt blocks thrown in so that is what I decided to do with my tuffet. 


I love how the tuffet turned out. I like the stripe effect of the original one but didn't think it would match my other furniture well. 


For the panels, I crazy pieced them starting with a 6” quilt block as the base. This cover is also removable by simply removing the button. 

 

I think I will be making a few more of these in the future. If enough people sign up for this class I will be teaching it at Taylors Sewing Center in Brockville. 




 Enjoy your day. 


2 comments:

Magic Art of the Day

Words to live by...

vintage funny Pictures, Images and Photos